We have been lax in updating this blog, sorry, but not lax at all in working on improving Kerika, especially for mobile browser users. We are also getting close to releasing our mobile app, which will contain the same functionality as you get today when you access Kerika on a phone, but it will be packaged as a traditional-looking app for folks that want an icon on their desktop.
Here’s a short list of things that have been improved and added in the past few months:
For mobile browsers
There’s more of the desktop functionality now available on phones as well, including:
- Managing the columns on a board: adding new columns and changing existing columns so you can customize the workflow of each board.
- Drag-and-drop to reorganize items within lists: the order of columns, the order of tasks and attachments within a card, etc.
- The Home Page (which we will be calling the Explorer, in anticipation of other anchor pages that we will roll out soon) has more complete abilities to manage your boards, templates, archive and trash, including favoriting items.
- The Contact Us (to get help) feature has been implemented.
- The Manage Profile feature has been implemented, including changing your name, photo and password.
- The My Preferences feature has been implemented, and redesigned for both the desktop and mobile to make this easier to use.
- We have made performance improvements across the board, although we continue to push the boundary on this. (One of our own boards regularly has over 700 cards so we are our toughest users and testers.)
- A bunch of styling tweaks to help improve usability and readability, and there’s always going to be more coming in the future.
For desktop users
- A bug that caused Views to not be properly updated for some users has been fixed.
- When you switch from your current board to another open board and then return to the first board, Kerika will remember the scroll position so you can pick up where you left off without any delay.
For both mobile and desktop
- The Preferences section has been reorganized to make it easier to use.
- We have made some tweaks to make it easier to sign up, change passwords, etc. (And there’s more coming on this front.)
- Users who signed up after getting an invitation from someone else will start off just having access to the boards and accounts they were invited to; now they can create their own account as well if they want to use Kerika for private work using the same email address.
- Fixed some issues with our billing system that caused us to be underpaid in a few instances. We are going to do a big overhaul of our billing system later this year (hopefully) to make it easier for both Kerika and our customers.